Monday 4 January 2010

Round 2! Ding Ding!

Am back in to hospital today to start round 2 of my chemotherapy. I have the room next to my original room and I am fortunate enough that this one has a 32" LCD TV. So am very happy with how things have turned out so far!

This round of chemo is very similar to the last round - this one is called DA 3+8. The same drugs are used but for slightly less duration. I get Daunorubicin on days 1, 3 and 5 and Cytarabine for 8 days. I'm hoping I get away without significant side effects like the last time. But I'm not trying to be complacent. TOUCH WOOD!!

I found out today the other more detailed version of the bone marrow results - this is based on flow cytology and is a much more detailed analysis of the leukemia cells in the bone marrow. My results were 1% leukemic cells left, which is apparently an excellent result but still shows a small amount of leukemic cells left which hopefully the next consolidation rounds of chemo should remove.

Tonight I will get my first chemo, and hope it goes much like the last round....!

(written retrospectively)

No comments:

Post a Comment